Korean Inspired Bulgogi Beef, Mushroom & Asparagus Fried Rice
“Bulgogi” is a Korean word that, translated literally, means "fire-meat." It’s a beloved staple of Korean cuisine, made by marinating thinly sliced beef and then grilling it over an open flame.
Trader Joe’s frozen “Korean Inspired Bulgogi Beef Fried Rice with Kimchi” includes chopped veggies, tangy kimchi, and deliciously seasoned fried rice.
While the package indicates that the pack is one serving, we found that the sodium & calories were much too high for a single serving. So, in order to enjoy the flavors while staying within our nutritional parameters, we’ve added lots of extra veggies, plus some additional plant-based protein, and made it into four generous portions.
And the bonus is that you can get this dish on the table in just about 10 minutes. Enjoy!
Makes 4 servings
All ingredients purchased @ Trader Joe's
- oil spray
- 1 pack sliced white mushrooms
- 1 pack grilled asparagus spears, diced (from frozen section)
- 1 pack Korean Inspired Bulgogi Beef Fried Rice with Kimchi (from frozen section)
- 1 cup slivered almonds
Spray pan with oil.
Sauté mushrooms for four minutes.
Add asparagus & fried rice. Cook for 7 minutes, or until all ingredients are warmed through.
Divide the meal into four servings.
When ready to eat, top each serving with ¼ cup slivered almonds.
- If cooking for one: Four servings may be too much for one week. We recommend enjoying one serving tonight and placing the other three servings in airtight containers. Place one container in the fridge to enjoy this week. Place the other two containers in the freezer for future use.
Watch the Video:
- Check out our video on the Healthy Eating at Trader Joe's Facebook page to see how quick & easy this recipe is to make!