Elote Salad with Chicken
Spice up your dinner with this fun & simple salad recipe.
We’re using Trader Joe’s Elote Chopped Salad Kit as the base. Full of good-for-you veggies like cabbage, lettuce, carrots, kale, and green onions, this salad is as nutritious as it is delicious!
The dried sweet corn kernels, paprika-seasoned cornbread crumbles, and cotija cheese toppings give it the Elote flavor while the creamy dressing brings it all together with a touch of tart, a bit of sweet, and hints of jalapeño and lime.
Our recipe will help you turn the kit into a well-balanced meal with additional veggies, chicken for protein, and avocado for healthy fat.
See us make this recipe!
- Check out our YouTube video to see how quick & easy this recipe is to make. (And be sure to hit the Subscribe button for more recipe videos, meal ideas, and Trader Joe's product recommendations!)
Makes 2 servings
All ingredients purchased @ Trader Joe's
- 1 pack Elote Chopped Salad Kit (use half the dressing & save the other half for a future meal)
- ½ pack (6 oz.) grilled chicken strips, chopped
- 5 campari tomatoes, diced (or 1 large tomato, diced)
- 1 avocado, diced
Open the kit and place all three packets (cornbread crouton crumbles, Cotija cheese, dressing) aside.
Pour the veggies from the kit into a large bowl. Add the chicken, tomatoes, and half the dressing.
Toss well and divide onto two plates.*
Top each serving with ½ avocado, plus half the Cotija cheese and crouton crumbles. Enjoy!
- *If cooking for one: We like the “cook once/eat twice” method. Enjoy one serving today and the other serving tomorrow. Place half the salad & toppings in airtight containers and store in fridge for the next day.