Pumpkin Oat Pancakes
These delicious pancakes are made with just a few simple ingredients and are a breeze to make, even on a busy weekday morning. The fall flavors are warm, cozy & comforting.
Plus, they’re packed with nutrients that will keep you satisfied & give you energy all morning long! You’ll get fiber from the oats, protein from the egg, potassium from the banana, and (wait for it!) vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium, iron & fiber from the pumpkin!
Watch the Video:
- Check out our video on the Healthy Eating at Trader Joe's Facebook page to see how quick & easy this recipe is to make!
Makes 2 servings
All ingredients purchased @ Trader Joe's
- 1 ripe banana
- ¼ cup canned Organic Pumpkin
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon Pumpkin Spice
- ⅓ cup Organic Rolled Oats with Ancient Grains & Seeds
- oil spray
- ¼ cup Unsalted Dry Toasted Pecan Pieces
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
Mash the banana with a fork and then place in a bowl.
Add the pumpkin, egg & pumpkin spice. Stir well with a fork.
Add the oats and stir until the mixture is smooth.
Spray a pan with oil and pre-heat on medium.
Spoon about ⅛ cup batter into the pan at a time. (You should get a total of about 8 small pancakes.)
Cook about 3 minutes until you see bubbles appear on the top of the pancakes. Flip over and cook another 3 minutes.
Place half the pancakes on each plate. Top each serving with two tablespoons pecan pieces & one tablespoon maple syrup.
- Alternative: We like the heartiness of these pancakes, but if you prefer a fluffier texture, you can place all ingredients (except pecans & syrup) in a blender to make the batter. Blend the oats first and then add the remaining ingredients.