Crustless Apple Pie
When you’re in the mood for apple pie, but don’t want all the extra sugar & calories, this is the recipe for you! It’s super easy to make, delicious, filling, and the perfect combination of tart & sweet.
Enjoy it as a healthy dessert or as a mid-morning snack. Since it’s high in protein it will keep you satisfied between meals.
Makes 2 servings
All ingredients purchased @ Trader Joe's
- oil spray
- 1 large apple
- ½ pack Unsweetened Instant Oatmeal (or 3 tablespoons of rolled oats)
- ¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tablespoon Mixed Nut Butter
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Spice
- 2 teaspoons honey, divided
- 2 tablespoons nonfat plain Greek yogurt
Preheat oven or toaster oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or nonstick aluminum foil and set it aside.
Cut the apple in half and then use a knife or spoon to remove the core.
Place each half cut-side-down on a cutting board. Without slicing all the way through, create thin slits from top to bottom all the way across each half-apple.
Place both half-apples cut-side-down on the baking sheet. Spray lightly with oil and bake for 20-25 minutes.
While apple bakes:
Stir the oatmeal, almond milk, and Pumpkin Spice together in a small bowl. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, mix 1 teaspoon honey into the Greek yogurt. Set aside.
- Take apple out of oven and spoon the oat mixture into the cut openings. Place back in oven and bake another ten minutes.
Remove from oven and drizzle ½ teaspoon honey & 1 tablespoon yogurt over each half. Enjoy!
Watch the Video:
- Check out our video on the Healthy Eating at Trader Joe's Facebook page to see how quick & easy this recipe is to make!