Falafel Sandwich with Side Salad
Falafel with pita bread is a Middle Eastern classic. The soft pita bread stuffed with crunchy falafel makes such a delicious sandwich. We’ve added a side salad to turn this into a hearty, well-balanced meal.
We’re using Tzatziki Dip as the dressing. It goes perfectly with the falafel and couldn’t be easier!
See us make this recipe!
- Check out our YouTube video to see how quick & easy this recipe is to make. (And be sure to hit the Subscribe button for more recipe videos, meal ideas, and Trader Joe's product recommendations!)
Makes 2 servings
All ingredients purchased @ Trader Joe's
- 1 whole wheat pita bread pocket
- 6 pieces Fully Cooked Falafel (frozen section)
- ½ bag Organic Shredded Green & Red Cabbage with Orange Carrots
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- ½ jar fire roasted red peppers, diced
- ½ cup Tzatziki Dip
Heat the falafel as instructed on the package.
Meanwhile, combine the cabbage, tomato, cucumber, fire roasted red peppers, and Tzatziki in a bowl.* Stir to mix and then divide in half.
When falafel is ready, let cool for a couple minutes and then cut into quarters.
Cut the pita pocket in half and heat it up in a microwave, toaster oven, or on the stovetop. (This makes it easier to open the pocket.)
Stuff some of the salad and falafel pieces into each half pocket. Divide the rest of the salad & falafel onto two plates. Enjoy your falafel sandwich with the salad on the side.*If cooking for one: Make two servings and enjoy one today & the other tomorrow. (Cook once, eat twice!) But to keep it fresh the second day, make these adjustments: 1. Heat up three pieces of falafel each day. 2. Before adding the Tzatziki, place half the salad in an airtight container & store in the fridge. Add half the Tzatziki each day.