Healthy Homemade Trail Mix
When you’re out & about running errands, hiking, or rushing from one appointment to another, you want to make sure you have a healthy, portable snack with you.
The right snack will give you energy, stabilize your blood sugar, and prevent you from getting too hungry between meals.
Trail mix is awesome because it’s so easy to grab & go. But, you have to be careful with pre-made trail mixes because they can be very high in salt & sugar.
That’s why we like to make our own with quality ingredients.
Here’s our formula for a delicious trail mix that will provide you with protein, iron, magnesium and an array of vitamins and minerals:
- 2 servings unsalted nuts (roasted almonds, Brazil nuts, pistachios, cashews)
- 2 servings unsalted or lightly salted seeds (roasted sunflower seeds, raw pumpkin seeds, in-shell dry roasted pumpkin seeds)
- 2 servings unsweetened dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, mango, pineapple) chop the larger fruit into small pieces
- 2 servings fun ingredients (freeze-dried fruit, air-popped popcorn, cacao chips)
Makes 8 servings
All ingredients purchased @ Trader Joe's
¼ cup Roasted & Unsalted Whole Cashews
¼ cup Dry Roasted & Unsalted Almonds
¼ cup Roasted & Unsalted Sunflower Seeds
¼ cup Raw Pumpkin Seeds
¼ cup Golden Raisins
¼ cup Dried Cranberries
1 bag Freeze Dried Blueberries
1 bag Freeze Dried Strawberries
Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well.
Divide into eight equal servings.
Watch the Video:
- Check out our video on the Healthy Eating at Trader Joe's Facebook page to see how quick & easy this recipe is to make!